Lump on penis

Hello, I am a 18 year old male who at the current time has no real sexual activity apart from masturbation, I noticed this lump a few months ago and in turn thought nothing of it, just thinking it was a vein. From the image, I cannot tell if it it's either Sclerosing Lymphangitis  or something else. Within the red circle of the picture it is like a lump but not hard, I can easily push down upon it and nothing will happen. It seems to stick out and it is 'bulging' so to speak. When I'm not erect I can barely feel it but when I am erect I can feel it as a hard lump. So, is it a vein or something else?

Also! I cannot really move it, or I can't feel it being moved. It is underneath the actual skin and when I try to move it seems that it moves very lightly or doesn't move at all.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also, I've noticed that when I try to rub the area, it feels as if a vein is underneath. So, is this the Superficial dorsal vein being swollen or something else? It kinda runs in a straight line and follows the route of the dorsal vein so what could this be?

When I rub the area above where the lump is, I feel nothing. But where the lump is I can feel the vein underneath.

Helpful - 0
You can feel the vein in the erect penis. However t is important to rule out Mondor’s disease. Mondor’s disease is superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis. This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Penis Cancer Community

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.