STDs / STIs Community

What is a large (recent) red lump on the bottom of my penis?

So recently I had what looked like two pimples on top of my penis - I popped both of those and they have not gotten infected (I found out now that that wasn't the right response, but they were extremely painful with any movement). Now, on the other side of my penis, below, to the left, and near the base, I have a lump. As far as I can see, it has no definitive shape. If I look down on it, it appears to have a head to it, like a pimple, however it does not appear to be one, and would be far too painful to pop anyway. The redness extends the reach down the shaft of about 3/4 of an inch, maybe a little more.

Does anyone know what it is? Also, is there a cure/solution to it? (When I get an erection it rubs up against my clothes and hurts until the erection goes away, so the fastest solution would be nice)
Skin issues are almost impossible to give an indication what they are without and exam, see a Dr for one.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.