Withdrawl

My son says he's put himself through his own "withdrawl". (Speedballs)
I know how much he lies, and he's in about the 4th day (IF he's telling the truth)
Seriously doubt him, because he still had pinpoint pupils and was nodding off when I saw him tonight.  Assuming these are NOT signs of withdrawl, as I DO know they are signs of using.  Can someone just confirm to me?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What was the ambient lighting of the room or wherever he was when constricted pupils were observed? What about overall demeanor? Extreme agitation or chill?
Helpful - 0
Lighting wasn't real bright, but , he was fine when for awhile, then his eyes just kept closing and he'd go silent or start mumbling and totally lose the conversation.  Said he was getting the sweats and started feeling nauseous. Said he didn't sleep the night before.......are you even supposed to do the withdrawl thing by yourself?
Helpful - 0
Could be legit, but without knowing what it is exactly he's WD from it's extremely hard to surmise. Earlier you'd mentioned speed balling. Is that to be translated as coke & Heroin? I'm here for you and your son. You sound like a wonderful father, and I know you'll see this thing through. Believe it or not, he prob wants this more than you.
Helpful - 0
Yes, definitely heroin and coke.  I know he's miserable.  But know it has to be him that wants to get out of this, too.
Helpful - 0
Well good luck to you and your son. Cut him some slack up front. He may be telling you the truth. Help him make this a great new year.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello and welcome.
Yes it is possible to withdraw at home, many people have.
how old is your son? You seem have knowledge about addiction. you are right, Your son has to want to get clean. Does he live with you?
Helpful - 0
He is 29.  Perhaps I am overly suspicious, but just hard to believe he's going through withdrawl when exhibiting same symptoms as when he was getting high everyday.
We've been dealing with this off and on for 15 years.  NO, does not live with us and will not!
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nodding and mumbling  during withdrawal is certainly not likely.
You have been around the block with him and back for 15 years so you
Know. He would t have to tell you be is sweating and nauseous he would exhibit it.

Ok him not living there is a good thing.
Has he ever been to a detox or rehab?
I know what it's like to have an addict that is your offspring.
It is nothing but heartaches and sorrow.
There is always hope, don't lose the faith.

Do you had any support for yourself through this, al-anon, church,
Counseling? We also need healing and restoration as it causes us
So much pain and sorrow.

He works and support himself?
Helpful - 0
Hey just my 2 cents, it sounds like he is still using. I am so sorry for Little, that must be so horrible to watch for 15 years. Have you tried our living with an addict forum? I think you need lots of support, and should really focus on yourself a little more. He has to WANT to quit, that's the key. No one can do it for him. Keeping you in my prayers mommy.
Helpful - 0
Yes, he went to rehab as a teenager, went thru self detox in prison and actually stayed clean for four years!  Been out two and back into drugs again very deep.

We have wonderful support thru church family, but this is still just killing me.  I know, we, as parents are as sick as our son.  And I'm not liking myself much for it.  I keep vacillating between not speaking to him at all because it hurts too much...to trying to be sympathetic of how he is feeling.  I know he's miserable, just not miserable enough to check into rehab.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community