Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
Background info:  I have PCOS, diabetes, and have had kidney problems since I was a little girl.  I am on lasix for chronic edema that is even bad in the morning.  I have a small simple cyst on my left ovary and a large complex cyst on my right ovary.  

For the past 3 years, I've been having right flank pain.  I get it 2-3 times a month, so it is not constant.  With it, I experience fever, chills, my abdomen swells like I am pregnant (I'm not, and haven't had sex in 7 months), my abdomen gets hard like a watermelon, I have general body aches like the flu and excruciating pain.  This lasts for 5-7 days.

Generally it is a result of having to pee and not being able to go immediately (having to hold it).  It feels like my pee is going back up into my kidneys, burning from the bottom until they are consumed.  I do not take pain pills, won't even let the dr prescribe them, because I'd rather find out the cause instead of mask the problem.  However, in order to just breathe without crying out in pain (and I have a high pain tolerance), I have to take 4 ibuprofen every 30 minutes for about 90 minutes, and then wean down to 4 every 2-3 hours.  

I had my gall bladder taken out in 2013, and that apparently was not the problem.  I have had probably 10 vaginal ultrasounds and CT scans on my ovaries/kidneys.  

I have not had a period in 2 months, but for 3 months I have been peeing blood, sometimes straight blood.  For the past 2 days, (I'm not on my period), I have been passing huge clots when I pee.  The last 2 times I've gone to the bathroom, the clots fall out of me and onto the floor as soon as I take my pants down.

I've gone to multiple different general doctors, gynos, uros, with multiple ER visits.  I've even recently had an echo, and still NOTHING.  

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I just want to know what is wrong with me, so that I can get a diagnosis.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.