Anxiety Community

Anxiety attacks in a stuffy car

Really strange but I get these anxiety attacks almost feel like gagging when inside a stuffy air  conditioned car.  Specially when it's stuffy and thick with a light scent of leather.  It doesn't happen if the windows are down and I get a breath of fresh or if the car's air isn't thick and stuffy.  What could be causing that and how do I prevent it?
Edit: I know what situation it takes to cause it but I just really want to know why it happens to me,  it seems very abnormal and I'm genuinely curious if there's a way to stop that and a know me to be in a stuffy car with no problems.  I don't know if being in a cold or hot car matters but I'm either always in an air conditioned car or its not but the windows are down.