red blotchy chest/neck rash

Just wondering if anyone has a 'miracle cure'!!  For a few years now, I've been getting a red blotchy chest/neck rash in circumstances where I - am drinking alcohol, anxious, nervous, excited, upset - really feeling just about any emotion.  It's gotten to the point where I do not expose my chest/neck ever - and cover up whenever I can.  I had read once that taking Niacinimide could help - and I've been taking about 1000mg of it for a few months, but am not seeing much improvement.  Anyone with any help or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it.  
just an update
did a presentation for my History class today with success :)
i usually wear my school scarf while doing a presentation and did today
i could practically hear my heart beating a thousand miles an hour
but after my speech i sat down and took off my scarf and my neck was blotchy free!
i exercised last night to get rid of my excess adrenaline..and it must have worked, so get exercising!

oh by the way, it has nothing to do with your weight or being obese, im a healthy weight for a teenage girl and i get these blotches.
I made a mistake in my other post.  The Beta Blocker that I am currently taking is 60mg of propranolol ER(extended release).  Inderal is the brand name which is more expensive.  So far, the medicine is definitely working!
i have had the same problem now for years...it started when i first started a certain medication, but even though i stopped the medicine , the skin condition still exists....whats worrying me is that the splotches are always in the same place, literally you could draw a line around the spots with a marker and wait till the next breakout and the redness is in the exact same place...i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem...

april
I too have been getting this rash for many years when slightly anxious and when I start drinking alcohol. It seems to go away after it's been present for a little while...usually once I forget about it. The rash is worse at certain times of the month - particularly just before a period. My sister gets it too. I wonder if it's a symptom of pms as I get this a week to a day before a period.

Just came across this,
"Another change in the body when you are premenstrual, is an increase in hormones called prostaglandins. These hormones are directly related to inflammation processes within the body." http://www.femail.com.au/pms.htm The link also contains tips on diet and exercise.

Omega 3 fish oil may assist too. http://www.stanford.edu/group/hopes/treatmts/antinflm/i5.html

Can't hurt to try.

Kel

my blotches are also pretty much in the same position every time
whenever i have a hot shower the only parts of my body that turn red from the heat are those exact patches and when the rash occurs in public its the same position
maybe theyre main blood cell or something..?
One more thing my dermatologist recommended, she said to take 2ea 350mg aspirin a day along with the inderal....just in case anyone wants to try it.  This beta blocker has truly changed my life!  

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community