Aa
A
A
A
Close

Transplants Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.
1 - 20 (of 682) questions
My granddaughter is totally blind. Both eyes suffered optic nerve damage because of pseudotumor cerebri / IH. Do you think there is a r...
Prograf is a medicine that slows down the bodys immune system. For this reason, it works as an anti-rejection medicine. Prograf helps pat...
Does anyone know how to get on this waiting list?
Type your medical question hereMy husband is a liver transplant recipient from 2003. He has stopped taking his medications. I found out h...
My oldest son is 32 in July 2018. He was transplanted 30 years ago with the wrong blood type( He is a O with an A Liver) He has been off ...
8 months out from transplant 8-24-17... lft's up slightly. Doing ok, just tired a lot . wondering if it[s ok to take milk thistle. I am ...
Can healthy lungs suddenly fail where they need a double lung transplant? And what happened to cause this?
Hi, I found these new studies interesting and have a question. we know the reason studies are going on is because the average TP lasts...
I had liver transplant a week before thanksgving and am having the following pain: 1) should and upper back pain 2) back pain in the mi...
I had cataract surgery on my left eye 2 1/2 months ago and the right eye 1 1/2 months ago. the left eye waters all the time. the right ...
My brother met with an accident and he got injured in his left eye. And he got operated. I want to know whether he can get his vision bac...
Does taking Prograf in smaller doses effect kidney function?
Am currently taking Prograf in larger amounts than .5 and it is negatively effecting my kidney function.
I have been told recently that I have an astigmatism in my left eye and my vision is now blurry in that eye. Can an astigmatism just show...
My 14 year old sister has had primary hyperoxaluria her whole life. She has been taking medication for it her whole life but constantly p...
HOW CAN WE REDUCE CO2 IN THE BLOOD DUE TO RESPIRATORY FAILURE 4 YEARS POST TRANPLANT? 65 YR OLD PATIENT ISN'T TOLERATING TRILOGY VENTILAT...
How do I go about donating my uterus?
Hi. My name is Niel in Short. I would like to ask where i can buy in india called TACROLIMUS 1mg is this require prescription if i'll pur...
I just read the Good News. This gives much hope. I had a nearly full hysterectomy after my son came into this world by cesarean section...
Two doctors, two conclusions. My transplant was Dec, 2, 2013. Just after the transplant I was on 10 mg. of Prograf a day for a couple of ...
Popular Resources
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.