Greetings to All

I just wanted to introduce myself to newer members and send greetings to our long term members. I have been the Community Leader for this forum for a number of years. Sadly I have been absent far too long. I delighted to be back. I've missed you all and certainly MedHelp.

Life happened and gave me some nasty sucker punches. My medical condition worsened and I lost some very close family and friends including my beloved Mom, my baby granddaughter, my best friend and many other close relatives and long time friends. I've learned a lot.

It's great to read the wonderfully informative responses to the questions and concerns posted in our community. Super job.  I'm proud to be part of this great community.

I hope to get to know our new members. Please feel free to message me or send me a note if you have any questions or just want to chat. It'll take me a bit to get to get my Sea Legs back or better stated, my MedHelp legs. :o)  I'll be here daily unless I'm traveling.

I will encourage everyone to BEGIN a NEW THREAD when they have a question or concern instead of hijacking or resurrecting old threads. This allows the new "post" or thread greater visibility both on this site and when others may be searching the net with a similar concern. The new thread should obtain more responses than when posting on the bottom of an old thread that may or may not be seen. So please all, let's begin that practice again. It's a win-win all around.

I'll end with one of my favorite and applicable to me "Gilda" quotes:

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way,
that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a
clear beginning, middle, and end.  Life is about not knowing,
having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it,
without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.  
Gilda Radner

Wishing you all Good Health,
Tuck  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There are two major truths concerning life and existance.

(1) You are a little kid. You blink, and you are seventy years old.
(2)  Re-read truth # one.
Helpful - 0
I so agree with you Caregiver. Life passes so very quickly. None of us know if we have tomorrow. I experienced that for myself.

I believe we should live life to the fullest. Make certain to do something every day that we enjoy.....And Love everybody.  Life is nothing without love.

Thanks Caregiver for the insight.

Tuck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life