can i have it

If my parents' parents don't have huntingtons disease then they don't have it which means I can't as well correct?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
If your grandparents did not have Huntington’s disease then your parents will not have it. Also, if neither of your parents have Huntington’s disease and are past the middle age (around 40 years) then you have nothing to worry. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.

Helpful - 0
No you can't! It never skips a generation :-) Since you don't have it you also cannot pass it onto your children.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Huntington's Disease Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.